Course code: SHB40216
Practical: 134 Flinders Street, Melbourne, VIC 3000
Theory: 601 Bourke Street, Melbourne, VIC 3000
This qualification is fully-funded by the Skills First initiative and there are no course fees for domestic students. Places are limited so please register your interest below and we’ll be in touch about your application, next steps and start dates.
Learn the latest trends, technology and techniques in specialist haircutting, design, colouring and complex colour correction, trichology and chemical reformation.
This qualification will develop your senior hairdressing skills and knowledge to provide a broad range of hairdressing services to clients.
You will develop the skills to work independently and provide technical leadership, training and support your team.
This qualification provides a pathway to work as a senior hairdresser in a salon environment, a freelance session stylist or a technical advisor in product companies.
- Provide technical leadership within the hairdressing context
- Research and utilise hairdressing trends to advance creative work
- Enhance hair designs using creative colouring and lightening techniques
- Design and perform creative haircuts
- Solve complex colour problems
- Enhance hair designs using chemical reformation techniques
- Design and style long hair creatively
- Promote products and services
- Design and apply make-up for photography
- Cut hair using freehand clipper techniques
- Create haircuts using tracks and carving
- You must hold a Certificate III in Hairdressing and have had one year’s employment in the industry to enrol for this course.