Update: 26 October 2020
As you may know, the Victorian Government has introduced stage four restrictions to combat the spread of COVID-19. These restrictions mean that there will be some changes to course delivery and campus access.
- To comply with current restrictions, all campuses will be closed until the Third Step of the Victorian Government’s COVID-19 Reopening Roadmap.
- All courses will be delivered online from Tuesday 4 August 2020, with lessons focusing on learning and theory.
- We understand that there are students who still need to complete practical assessments. If these changes to your training and assessment plan will impact on your ability to complete your course by the scheduled end date, your COE will be extended and you may complete the practical components of your course when restrictions are lifted.
- You will not be expected to pay for extensions to your COE caused by COVID restrictions, however your attendance record and course progress prior to COVID lockdown will also be reviewed when looking at your course extension.
Certificates and student kits
- We are able to provide scanned copies of certificates and email them to you. If you require a hard copy of your certificate or statement of attainment before lockdown restrictions are lifted, your certificate can be posted to you. Please call the helpline at 9650 0367 0r 9108 0800 to make the request and pay for postage.
- Student kits will be available for collection once the lockdown restrictions are lifted.
- As always, if you need assistance or more information, please contact student services for support via the Ticketing System
Current restrictions for Melbourne
Please read the following and ensure that you comply with current requirements.
From 11:59pm 18 October 2020 a number of restrictions have eased:
- Fitted face masks are compulsory when you leave home, unless you have a lawful reason for not doing so.
- You can now travel up to 25km from your home within Metropolitan Melbourne. Travel to regional Victoria is still only allowed for permitted purposes.
- You can leave home for any period of time to exercise of see friends and family outdoors.
- You can leave home for the following four reasons, with limits:
- shopping for food or other essential items
- socialising or exercise (applies to outdoor exercise, and with your household or up to nine other people outdoors, from a maximum of two households). This needs to be in a public outdoor place (for example a local park)
- permitted work, primary and secondary education (when your school and year level are permitted)
- caregiving, for compassionate reasons, or to seek medical treatment, also remain permitted reasons to leave home.
Free Counselling services
- BUPA and ATMC are pleased to offer a free, confidential counselling service to ATMC VET and Baxter Institute students.
- The Cyber Clinic app provides face-to-face video consultations and psychological support via your smartphone. The app allows you to connect with a practitioner wherever you feel most comfortable.
- Mandarin and Hindi speaking counsellors are available for consultation.
How to access Cyber Clinic
- Download the Cyber Clinic app via Google Play or Apple app store.
- Create a new account using your ATMC email address.
- Enter our Organisation ID when prompted – SUPPORT2020 (case sensitive)
- Match yourself with the right support
- Book your first appointment
Please reach out to us at any time if you need more information via the Ticketing System.
We understand this is a challenging time for everyone and appreciate your support.
We will keep you updated as this situation evolves and changes.
We are here to work with you if you have financial difficulties. Do not hesitate to phone us on (03) 9650 0367 or email us at [email protected]. You can also raise a ticket on the Baxter and ATMC websites:
Choose the finance ticket and select the help topic payment extension request, the finance team and student support team will respond to your help request as soon as they are able.
Further Information for International Students
Visa holders in Australia are advised to apply for a new visa or a bridging visa if their current visa is nearing its expiry. They can apply for a waiver of ‘No further stay’ conditions if they fulfil the prescribed eligibility criteria.
You are not alone, your trainers and the admin staff are here for you to talk with if you are experiencing any financial difficulties or stress in general, do not hesitate to contact us. Please check the website regularly for update information regarding your studies and our support for you.
What will happen to my student visa if I defer my enrolment?
Commencing students may choose to defer their enrolment.
The student visa will stay in place. However, the deferral process (for commencing students) results in the cancelling of the current Certificate of Enrolment (COE). A new offer from the RTO must be accepted before a new COE is processed.
Students need both a valid COE and visa to gain entry and remain in Australia.
We advise students to check the Visa Entitlement Visa Online (VEVO) system for updated visa details and conditions.
What will happen to my student visa if I take program leave?
Course leave is available for continuing students for approved circumstances.
Because classes are being run online, there should not be a need to apply for leave, however everyone’s circumstances are different and if you do have compassionate and compelling circumstances, leave form your studies for no longer than four (4) weeks will be considered. If leave from our course is granted your Confirmation of Enrolment will remain active, which means there will be no impact on your student visa. You can check your visa status through Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO).
If you have questions about course leave and your COE and visa, please email [email protected]
The Department of Home Affairs is implementing a range of visa changes to support International students.
Students who held a student visa on or after 1 February 2020 and have not been able to complete their course within their original visa validity due to the impacts of COVID-19, can apply online through ImmiAccount for their new student visa application.
A help sheet to support students though this process. To view the help sheet, click here.
To submit a valid Student visa application eligible for a nil fee, students must provide a completed Form 1545 COVID-19 Impacted Student application signed by a representative of ATMC or Baxter Institute.
To request a signed and completed 1545 form, please lodge a Student Services Ticket with categories Application with Forms > 1545 Visa Form