Our orientation program will provide you with all the important information you need to know about studying at Baxter Institute. It is compulsory for all students to attend the orientation prior to commencing any courses. There are three orientation sessions available within the orientation day.
9:00AM – 11:00PM
Baxter Institute’s Head Office
Level 2, 228-236 Flinders Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
12:00PM – 2:00PM
3:00PM – 5:00PM
- The orientation program is running every Friday on a weekly basis excluding Public Holidays.
- You are advised to attend either Session 1 or 2, so that you can have sufficient time to sit in the English Placement Test (if required).
What to bring
Please make sure you bring:
- Passport & Visa (original)
- English proficiency evidence (upper intermediate level certificate or equivalent to IELTS 5.5 standard)
- A copy of your Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) letter
- Academic records (certified true copy)
- Evidence of OSHC arrangement
- Letter of Acceptance
Conditions to participate orientation
- Complete the Pre-Training Review prior to the Orientation Day with the login details provided in the Letter of Offer.
- Arrive 5-10 minutes prior to the start of the Orientation session to be registered. If you arrive later than 15 minutes after the session has started, you will have to attend the next available session.
- Pay the minimum payment required to commence the course (as stated in your signed Student Written Agreement).
- Have visited the website to access, read and understand Baxter Institute’s policies and procedures (as stated in your signed Student Written Agreement).
What will happen during the orientation
STEP 1: WELCOME
- Take English Placement Test (if applicable)
- Finalise payment
- Attend the Orientation Presentation
- Select timetable
- Create USI & login the Student Portal
- Complete Student Engagement Questionnaire
- Check admission documents
- Fill in forms for academic files and provide up-to-date contact details
- Take photo & collect ID card
STEP 2: TRAINING PLAN
- Collect your training plan
STEP 3: CLOSURE
- Sign payment plan
- Collect textbooks and equipment